If you are interested in a rewarding career in the pet care industry, consider becoming one of Fussy Gussy Pet Sitting’s Pet Care Pros!
We are currently looking for just the right people to join our team. We need reliable, dedicated employees who are passionate about pet care.
We will only hire those who can uphold our very high standards of service. If you understand the serious nature of taking care of other people's pets, are passionate about animal care, love the outdoors, enjoy the freedom of working independently and love to drive, this could be the perfect position for you!
We are currently hiring for the following service areas. Applicants may request to cover more than one.
Anne Arundel County: Fort Meade, Glen Burnie, Hanover, Harmans, Linthicum Heights, Severn, Brooklyn Park, Curtis Bay, Pasadena
Howard County: Jessup, Ellicott City, Columbia, Elkridge
Baltimore County: Halethorpe, Arbutus, Catonsville
Baltimore City: Federal Hill, Locust Point
As part of a crew, you may be required to work on occasion outside of your selected service area as a back up when needed.
Open positions are part time only with the ability to extend hours if desired as you gain experience as a Pet Care Pro. It's the perfect permanent part time position with potential for growth. Due to the nature of the pet sitting business, Pet Care Pro positions are great for someone looking to supplement their current income, but should not be relied upon as a primary source of income. The best candidates are those with full availability, 7 days a week for all of our time blocks, however this level of availability is not required. Those with mid-day availability (10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) or looking for evening and weekend work are encouraged to apply. Pet Care Pros may be required to work holidays.
To be qualified you must:
- Live within one of our service areas.
- Be willing to travel to our Linthicum office regularly.
- Own a reliable, gas efficient, insured car that can get you around in inclement weather.
- Be able to transport pets in your vehicle in an emergency situation.
- Be looking for a long-term position.
- Have experience with animals (not necessarily in pet sitting). Must be able to feed, walk, medicate and observe behavior.
- Be physically fit and be able to handle emergency situations with a calm, cool head.
- Own a smartphone or tablet with a data plan and a computer with internet, printing capability, and a shredder.
- Be willing to commit to specific time blocks of availability on a consistent basis.
- Be comfortable learning new computer software and social media platforms.
- Have good time management skills.
- Be able to access email twice a day.
- Be comfortable cleaning up accidents and handling dogs that have very little obedience training, may pull on the leash, etc.
- Be extremely reliable and dedicated. Calling out of work is only acceptable in emergency situations.
- Be willing to work in any type of weather.
- Have superb organizational skills, be able to follow written instruction, be professional, and be detail oriented.
- Be trainable and be able to communicate well with clients and our office both verbally and in notes left at the client's home.
If hired, you will need to pass a reference and criminal background check. You will also be required to go through our training program plus hands-on shadowing (paid compensation). Additional retraining will be ongoing.
Pet Sitters are also required to attend our quarterly staff meeting (paid compensation).
Pet Care Pros’ compensation begins at a rate of 50% of the billed visit, with potential for growth depending on job performance, experience, and type of job. Pet Care Pros also retain 100% of any holiday surcharges and 100% of their tips. Since we hire employees, not independent contractors, we cover all employment taxes as well as workers compensation, training, insurance and bonding.
If interested, please contact Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org for our full job description and our application.